There are two ways of getting a Telraam device.
- Via an existing network or a network to be created in your area.
- By acquiring the device by yourself.
There are many differences between these two options, whether in terms of cost for the user and the proposed services, support and follow-up, as you can see in the table below.
Join a network!
To find out if a network is active in your community or if a project is in preparation, simply consult the "Start counting" section on the Telraam website, and you will be able to register, and to join an existing or future network in your area. Do you wish more info over the process, just read this article.
Acquire your own personal Telraam device
Is there no Telraam network active in your area yet? You can also just order your own Telraam, install it and connect to the Telraam system. To know more about the process, just read this article.
You may order your Telraam from Gotron. There are 2 options:
The Telraam kit that you will be delivered by Gotron consists of the following components:
- Raspberry Pi v3A+: https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-3-model-a-plus/
- Camera module: https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/camera-module-v2/
- Casing (Pi & Camera): https://www.conrad.com/p/teko-tek-cam9-sbc-camera-housing-compatible-with-raspberry-pi-black-1008227
From November 2021, the new 3D printed camera holder will be delivered:
- Een 16GB SD-card
- power adapter
More info over de camera RPI-CAM V2:
If you don't want to order your Telraam via Gotron (or if Gotron does not deliver in your country), you can buy the componants separately by your self. Telraam is compatible with Raspberry Pi v3A+ and PI v3B+ (not with Pi v4).
Telraam is easy to assemble: Concerning the installation of your Telraam, you will be led step by step by consulting lhe following article: "Do it yourself: Je Telraam zelf assembleren".