- A room on an upper floor, with a clear view of the street. That means no poles, no tall shrubs, no trees in front of the window that obstruct a full view. A roller shutter can only be lowered when it is dark, as the Telraam does not count when it is dark. A window without a flyscreen, because that also obstructs the view.
- A window with an electrical socket nearby (this can be done with an extension cable)
- A window in a room where there is a wifi connection.
Get the material ready
- Installing your Telraam is best done with two devices with internet access: a smartphone, laptop or tablet. You will complete the registration on the Telraam website with one device. That device always remains connected to your own WiFi network and the internet. With the other device you will connect to the Telraam device to connect your Telraam to your own WiFi.
- Socket/extension cable: often the cable of the supplied adapter will not be long enough.
- Network name (SSID) and password of your own WiFi with which you will connect your Telraam.
- Your Telraam device (the black box and camera, connected by a flat camera cable and the adapter to power the device)
- Adhesive material to fix the camera to the window and of course scissors. For example, you can use double-sided adhesive tape or a velcro adhesive tape. Be creative! :)
- Did you receive an adapter with the wrong plug for your socket? You can easily simply change it with the pieces provided. Watch this video to adjust the plug.
- Optional: You have received a Micro SD Card Adapter (see picture below) with your Telraam. The adapter can be used if you need to update or install your software. This is usually not necessary.
Everything is fine? Then you can proceed with Step 3: Fix and install your Telraam.